1. Frosty Fest
The Montavilla East Tabor Business Association (METBA) is sponsoring holiday inspired
events to help you get in the holiday spirit:
- Merry Montavilla Soiree:
Thursday, December 6th from 5pm to close
Join the Montavilla Business Association in Downtown Montavilla for discounts and specials on drinking, shopping, tasting, and holiday merriment! In the spirit of the season, please bring a canned food to donate to the Sunshine Division.
- Santa and Hanukkah Harry Saturday – Saturday, December 8th from 11am to 2pm at Vino Veritas
Santa Claus and Hanukkah Harry will visit Montavilla! Stop by Vino Veritas (7835 SE Stark) on December 8th to create crafts, drink hot cocoa, sip mimosa, and take photos (bring your camera). Please bring a canned food to donate to the Sunshine Division.
- Vote for your favorite METBA business Holiday Window Display between November 30 and December 16
- Free Movie Screening – A Christmas Story December 16th at 2 pm at the Academy Theater
2. Shop Local
Take advantage of METBA’s unique business community and shop local. While you are out, pick up the METBA 2018 District Map that lists the diverse businesses in your community. Please everyone on your list with gifts of services, memberships, gift certificates, and many other unique options. When you need to replenish your shopping stamina, pop into our many cafes for caffeinated coffee, tea, and sweets: Bipartisan Cafe, Fillmore Coffee, Hungry Heart PDX, and Townshend’s Teahouse Montavilla.
3. Prepare for the weather
The Portland winter weather is upon us. METBA businesses such as Mr. Plywood can help you with weather-proofing your home. Should home projects go awry, you don’t have to go far to find exceptional physical therapists, such as New Heights Physical Therapy and Therapeutic Associates East Portland Physical Therapy.
4. See a Holiday movie at the Academy Theater
Our local theater offers a series of holiday inspired movies each November and December. Favorites such as The Wiz, West Side Story, Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory, It’s A Wonderful Life, and My Neighbor Totoro offer something for everyone. Check out the Academy Theater website for a detailed list. Be sure to see the FREE screening of A Christmas Story December 16th at 2 pm. First come, first served, so arrive early!
5. Donate or volunteer
There are many local nonprofits that welcome your gifts of time or resources. The Montavilla United Methodist Church sponsors the Open Hearts Food Pantry every third weekend of the month. METBA’s Frosty Fest provides events in which you can drop off canned food for the Sunshine Division, making it easy for you to share some holiday good will. The Montavilla Farmers Market is offering the Everybody Eats Program once again for their December 23rd market day.
6. Get Your Art On!
You don’t have to go far to find great live music and theater in Montavilla:
- Portland Metro Arts – theater and dance for the whole family
- Vino Veritas – live music every Friday at 7 pm and Jazz Happy Hour every Sunday at
- Beanstalk – Micah and Me Music Show Monday December 3rd, 10-11 am. FREE
- Montavilla Guitar Studio – The MGS Student Showcase is December 16th, 5:30-7:30 pm at Montavilla United Methodist Church, or Make your own music with guitar and Ukulele lessons for all ages.
7. Tuck in for a Sip
Need a break from the season? Montavilla can offer many satisfying beverage options to
put that cheer back in your day: Beer Bunker, Blank Slate, East Glisan Pizza Lounge,
Montavilla Brew Works, Redwood, Roscoe’s, Thatchers Restaurant and Lounge, The
Observatory, and Vino Veritas.