The Montavilla/East Tabor Business Association will hold its annual elections for board members at the 2016 annual meeting on October 11th, 2016 at Ya Hala Restaurant from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Board Slots Available
The current METBA board will have up to nine available board slots.
Board Member Commitments
- Board of directors serve 2-year terms.
- Directors commit to an average of 5 hours a month, including attendance at monthly board meetings.
Note: Actual time spent working on METBA-related business may fluctuate from month-to-month based on the schedule of activities, therefore providing board members with the flexibility needed to meet other work/life commitments.
- Directors typically serve on a committee as part of their minimum time commitment (e.g., street fair, First Friday, communications).
- Directors serve as “ambassadors” of the association by promoting and communicating the interests and goals of the board and the association through their regular interactions with other business owners, property owners, and the community at-large.
- All board members are dues paying members of the association
- Treasurer. The treasurer is responsible for receiving association funds, keeping them in an approved bank, paying out funds as directed, maintaining accurate records, providing monthly reports to the board such as balance statements and profit and loss statements, submitting annual IRS and 501c6 forms, and providing financial input to the board of directors as needed. The treasurer must be skilled in QuickBooks or other similar accounting software. The treasurer serves on the board’s executive committee and participates in a 30- to 60-minute monthly conference call with the president, vice president, and secretary.
- Vice-President. The vice president assumes the duties of the president during the president’s absence. The vice-president serves on the board’s executive committee and participates in a 30- to 60-minute monthly conference call with the president, treasurer, and secretary.
- At-large Directors. At-large board members typically join a committee to support the planning and implementation of association operations and events*. Current committee needs include:
- Social Media Contributor. Serves on the communication committee and is responsible for regular posting to METBA’s Facebook page. This person solicits and receives posts from member businesses, reposts member business news to the METBA page and creates original content to promote METBA-sponsored events and strategic priorities.
- 82nd Avenue Liaison. Works with METBA’s part-time staff person to provide outreach to businesses on the Montavilla business district’s portion of 82nd avenue. This person provides information about the association with the longer term goal of establishing quarterly “meet and greet” events for business owners located on 82nd.
- Stark Street East Committee Member*. Works with METBA’s part-time staff person and a current board member to provide outreach to businesses on SE Stark Street between 82nd Ave. and I-205. This person helps plan and facilitate quarterly “meet and greet” events for business owners located on this important stretch of the business district.
- First Friday / Frosty Friday Committee Members*. Will work with the board to re-envision the First Friday and Frosty Friday brands. Typical work includes serving as a liaison to member businesses and outside vendors participating in First/Frosty Fridays, coordinating the design of event marketing material, and other related planning.
- Writer(s) – Communications Committee*. In addition to someone to support social media efforts, the board seeks one or more additional volunteers to serve on the communications committee to write blog posts focused on business news, economic development, and other business district related topics of interest to association members and/or neighbors.
* For association members unable to meet minimum board member time commitments, committee membership allows volunteers to contribute in smaller chunks of time. Committee members typically contribute 2-3 hours of their time each month including attending a monthly committee meeting.