Job title: Montavilla East Tabor Business Association (METBA) District Organizer
Hours: 10 hours/week Monday-Friday; Occasional Nights/Weekends
Compensation: $20.00 per hour
Start Date: June 2021
Supervisor: METBA President
The METBA District Organizer supports the unique businesses, residents, and history of the Montavilla Business District. The ideal candidate is a people-person and a natural networker who can successfully multitask while proactively building community engagement. The position requires strong communication and organizational skills, excellent attention to detail, computer fluency, flexibility, creativity, and a commitment to METBA’s mission and values. The METBA District Organizer will spend at least 30% of work hours ‘on the street’ engaging with district business owners.
- Build METBA Capacity. Strengthen METBA by increasing membership renewal/enrollment and community engagement.
- Increase Business Association membership by 10-20% via its annual membership campaign promoting new member benefits, networking opportunities, educational seminars and marketing. Visit all district businesses at least quarterly.
- Support increased business engagement by helping to implement the Communication Committee’s comprehensive strategy including earned media, newsletters, social media presence and website development. Support committee and Board in engaging diverse stakeholders including neighborhood businesses, residents, developers, schools, visitor and cultural destinations, legacy businesses and other public and private partners. Take photos at district events and business visits and provide to Communication Committee for newsletter, social media and website.
- Support METBA Events. Support the signature METBA annual event and additional quarterly events; implement revenue generating components; track and analyze event results. Maintain and promote online calendar of district activities, events and promotions. Take photos and provide to Communications Committee.
- Support the All-Volunteer METBA Board of Directors and Committees. Attend Board and Committee meetings and present Organizer progress on outreach, membership, events and activities; support the volunteer Board’s efforts and initiatives. Track board/committee hours; recognize contributions; help to recruit new volunteer board/committee members.
- Represent the METBA Business Association. Build relationships with neighborhood businesses and community groups through digital and/or in-person communication; advocate for Business Association support; promote membership, events, activities and successes.
- Explore the District. Spend at least 30% of work time ‘on the street’ to understand the unique needs of neighborhood businesses and propose appropriate resources and events.
- Manage Data. Ensure effective data tracking to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders and analyze impact of outreach, events, marketing and volunteer recruitment efforts (qualitative and quantitative); analyze program results, utilize data analysis to create materials and future programs; increase program utilization by diverse constituents.
- Assist President with all other duties as requested.
Please email your resume complete with contact information and references to: